APPLESAUCE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
1 Stick unsalted butter (1/2 C), room temperature
1C Coconut sugar
1C Cinnamon applesauce
2C Flour (Gluten-free)
1tsp Baking soda
½ tsp Sea salt
1tsp Pure vanilla extract
1 C Good quality milk chocolate chips
½ C Good quality semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Line a baking sheet with precut Reynolds Cookie Baking Sheet. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl use a mixer, cram together the butter with the sugar. Beat until smooth and fluffy.
4. Pour in the applesauce and continue to beat until fully mixed.
5. Add in the baking soda, salt, vanilla extract, and 1 cup of flour. Place the mixer on low and beat until combined. Add in the remaining cup flour and beat until just mixed. You don’t want to over mix the dough.
6. Use a spoon or spatula to mix in the chocolate chips.
7. Use a small ice cream scoop (1” scoop) to drop the cookies onto the baking sheet, about 1 to 2 inches apart.
8. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown.
9. Repeat with remaining dough.
Recipe by thecookierookie.com with some modifications